As Brazil holds considerable potential for French tech startups, Cap Digital is building since its creation in 2006 a long-term relationship with local actors and authorities.
In August 2012, US Media Consulting a leading media services firm specialized in reaching Brazil, Latin America and US Hispanics, give detailed look at the media landscape in Brazil. Here are some key figures, reflecting the increasing dynamics of Brazil’s economic growth:
– 85 million Internet users (may 2012);
– 63,5 million Brazilians are considered “active” Internet users (Brazil is the #5 market in Internet usage);
– 31 million Brazilians visit e-commerce website every month;
– in 2011, Brazilian had $11 billion total e-commerce revenue (electronic appliances = 15% of online sales);
– 97% of Brazil’s online population is on social media;
– 42,9 million unique online video viewers in 2011;
– 254 million active mobile phone lines in Brazil in may 2012 (smartphones : penetration of 14% in may 2012).
One Digital Roadshow planned in 2013. More information soon!
2 collective business travel organized in Rio de Janeiro (INNo-Nets european program)
- Cooperation agreement with the cluster Rio Convergência Digital
Four-part action plan:
1) Establish an information-exchange platform;
2) Create a group to identify common project opportunities;
3) Structure joint missions for businesses;
4) Develop exchange programs.
– MOU with the city of Rio de Janeiro
– Strong relations with Anjos do Brazil, a national business angels network